Levan Machine and Truck Equipment
As a leader in the commercial truck equipment upfit industry we are expanding our team and are looking for a Diesel Mechanic to conduct service and repairs on light and medium-duty commercial vehicles. We are a certified dealer for companies that specialize in truck bodies including Knapheide, Air-Flo, EZ Dumper, Truck Craft, EBY, Morgan and more. We are also a certified dealer, installer and service/repair provider for many other truck equipment companies such as BOSS Snowplow, VanAir, Force America, Weather Guard, Ranger, Whelen and many other leading brands. A candidate with experience in truck equipment installations is a plus.
- Diagnose and repair, with minimal assistance, engines (gas & diesel), power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO’s and wheel ends; Electrical, HVAC and Steering systems; Electronics and Brake systems.
- Identify and determine parts needed for disassembled units
- Perform all levels of preventative maintenance services on truck and trailer equipment
- Conduct PA State and Emissions inspections
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a diesel mechanic
- PA State inspection, ASE Diesel Certificate, and CDL licenses a plus but not required
- General maintenance skills and experience, including mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical
installation, service and repair
- Must have your own tools
- Ability to lift 100+ pounds
- Minimum of a High School Diploma (or equivalent) but certification from a vocational school or
apprenticeship is preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Pre-employment background check and drug screening are required
This position offers a competitive salary based on experience. Work hours are Monday through Thursday, 6am to 4:30pm, and Friday, 7am to Noon. Additional overtime opportunities available as needed. Levan Machine and Truck Equipment offers medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, paid vacation, holiday and sick time, and optional life/disability insurance.
Email your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com